What is Multi-Level IVR?
A Multi-Level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is an advanced automated voice system that routes calls across several levels, or “tiers”. Unlike the single-level option, Multi-Level IVR offers a complex system of sub-menus. This feature is especially useful for businesses with multiple offices connected to a single phone system or those offering bilingual voice menu services.
Difference Between Single-Level and Multi-Level IVR
A single-level IVR interacts with the caller through pre-recorded voice prompts, while a multi-level IVR extends its functionality across different levels, or “tiers.” It offers numerous sub-menus, enabling complex call routing and creating multiple redirections. Omnivoice has both and allows up to 10 submenus, ensuring a sophisticated yet manageable system.
What Does Omnivoice’s Multi-Level IVR Feature Look Like?
In Omnivoice’s web panel, you’ll find this feature under the “Call Flow” section in the “Incoming Calls” tab. Here, you will see a diagram resembling a “phone tree” with several branches, signifying your call flow. Further down, you’ll see call routing rules and customizable voice greeting options. Finally, towards the bottom, a distinctive icon indicates the Voice Menu—this will take you to the multi-layer IVR setup.
Setting Up Multi-Level IVR in Omnivoice
- Navigate to Call Flow -> Call Actions -> Enable voice menu in your Omnivoice profile.
- Upload a media file for the first tier of the menu in the popup window. For instance, you can create a message saying, “For X press 1. For Y, press 2.”
- After that, click “Continue editing your voice menu” and choose the options you want for your menu.
- For adding a second tier, choose the Voice menu for option 1 and upload a file with further instructions.
- Set your options on the second tier.
- To navigate back, callers can press * (star). You can include this in your voice instructions for easier navigation.
How Does Multi-Level IVR Work?
Much like a family tree, a multi-level IVR system grows a number of sub-menus, each of which can create its own sub-menus. This allows complex yet efficient call routing, ensuring that your callers reach the specific department or person they need.
Configuring and Customizing Multi-Level IVR in Omnivoice
Omnivoice’s multi-level IVR allows for several unique customizations:
- Adding more levels to the existing voice menu.
- Setting up offices in different locations.
- Setting up a bilingual voice menu.
- Routing calls to specific users.
- Routing calls to a group.
- Routing calls to a call queue.
Benefits of Using Multi-Level IVR
- Multi-Level IVR provides more varied input functionality and enhanced customer service without any additional cost:
- More capabilities: Submenus offer callers more options, resulting in faster and more precise call routing.
- Faster customer service: Automated call routing reduces wait time and eliminates the need for manual call transfers.
- Connecting multiple offices: Centralize communications around one business number and transfer callers to the needed office based on their input.
Who Can Benefit From Multi-Level IVR?
The multi-level IVR system is ideal for businesses with a large customer base, several departments, or multiple office locations. It ensures efficient call handling, making it particularly beneficial for customer service centers, telemarketing companies, and any business that receives a large volume of calls.
Multi-Level IVR in Use
Consider a business with several departments—sales, customer service, and technical support. The multi-level IVR system can route the call to the appropriate department based on the caller’s input, ensuring that customers reach the right person without any unnecessary delays or transfers.
Are you ready to take your business communication to the next level? Start using Omnivoice’s Multi-Level IVR system today and experience seamless call routing and enhanced customer service.
FAST • SECURE • RELIABLE